If you are hunting for a complete SEO checklist, then yes, you have landed on the correct page. Here we will provide you with the ultimate step by step SEO checklist that will help you drive more traffic to your website or blog.
1: Install Google Search Console:
Google search console is one of the most powerful tools. This fantastic tool will help you track your site performance accurately.
Search console comes with many useful features, such as:
- It gives you an ability to fix website error if any.
- It helps to find out which keyword is bringing you more users (traffic).
- It helps you track the overall performance.
- It helps you to check the ranking of the keyword or page.
- Ask for recrawls.
- Submit a sitemap and a lot more.
So if you are very serious about bringing traffic to your website, then installing the search console should be your number 1 priority.
2: Install Google Analytics:
If you want to see how many visitors come to your site, then install Google Analytics. It helps to
- See how much traffic your website has received.
- Help you to track pages that are getting more traffic.
- It helps you to identify the bounce rate.
- Let’s you know how much your traffic is increasing every day.
Moreover, you can always connect the search console to Google analytics. Unsure how to use it, this video will help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkB_ANmcC9I
3: Install Yoast SEO:
It is a free plug-in tool for WordPress. It helps you to optimized meta description to help you with technical SEO stuff, it helps you a lot. In short, it helps you to create SEO friendly content.
4: Complete Keyword Research:
Keywords are the base of SEO, but most important is to find the correct one. Free tools such as Ubersuggest and LSI helps to find long-tail keywords, which will be easier for you to rank.
- Target primary keyword. Make sure to target at least one primary keyword.
- Using a tool such as Keyword Planner and Ashraf will help you find the right primary word to target.
- Find different variations of long-tail keywords. Just type the primary keyword on Google, and you will come across various long-tail modifications or suggestions.
- Understand keyword difficulty as not all keyword can be easy to rank.
5: Use Short Descriptive URLs:
If you want your page to rank, then use short descriptive url. It should be as such that it gives you the right understanding of what users should expect when they click the link. But don’t forget to use your target keyword in your url and keep your url short as well.
6: Write Captivating Title Tag and Meta Description:
One good practice is to add your target keyword in the title tag and meta description. Make sure to write an attractive and compelling title to bring CTR and more traffic.
7: Don’t Use More Than 1 H1 on your page:
For better practice, make sure to use only 1 H1 tag, and again don’t forget to include the target keyword. H1 card makes it clear to the visitor what your topic is all about.
8: Include Relevant Internal and External Link:
If you link your pages to higher resources, then probably there is a chance that your page might rank. You can link out to other web pages, but make sure that they are of high quality and relevant.
9: Optimize Your Images and Add Descriptive Alt Tags:
If you want your pages to rank, then don’t miss out on adding target keywords to the alt tags. The primary necessity of alt tags is to give the users or visitors an insight if the image fails to load.
10: Optimize Your Content:
If you don’t want bounce rate, then be ready to create a topic that is engaging and which manages to keep the visitors engaged. Keeping visitors engaged will send a signal to Google that your content is relevant.
Some of the best practices are:
- Always write short sentences and neatly organize your content into heading and subheading.
- Include attractive images and videos within your content.
- Link to all high-quality resources.
- Include a keyword in the body of your article/blog.
This effective and easy SEO checklist will help you to get started.
Small Business Simple SEO Checklist Toronto, Canada – AN ULTIMATE GUIDE